Creating a personalised garden of tranquility
It is usually best for someone else to slowly read this to you (at least at first). However, if you can memorise the steps then you can do it on your own.
- Preferably lie down for this technique but you can sit as long as you are comfortable
- Close your eyes and relax
- Continue to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth
- When you are completely relaxed, put you attention in your head
- When you feel as if you are inside your head imagine a door in front of you
- As you pass through the door you enter a beautiful garden
- The sun is shining and the temperature is warm but not too hot
- See the lush grass, the beautiful flowers, the shrubs and the trees.
- See a small calm pond with a small stream gently tumbling out of it over a little waterfall
- The small stream follows a meandering course through your garden moving very gently
- Look around you and enjoy the colours, the shapes the peace and the tranquility
- As you look around you are creating your garden to be just what you would most desire as a peaceful place to be
- Now go back to the door and pass back into your head
- When you feel that your attention is focussed in your head move your attention to your whole body and feel good about what you have achieved
- Now open your eyes
This garden is a place where you can go to just feel relaxed and tranquil and to get away from the troubles of the world for a short time. It can also be used in other ways to help you on your path of Spiritual Growth.
If you would like to tell me about your own spiritual experiences then please send your emails to me here
If you would like to ask my advice about your spiritual growth or experiences then please send your emails to me here