There are lots of different types of meditation and different techniques that you can use. I have no intention of trying to describe all of them. Instead I will supply a few tips that may help you with your meditating and a few techniques that I found helpful.
- Before you start any meditation you should find your best spot to meditate. Choose a room where the energy is light and positive; a room where you can feel happy and relaxed. Move slowly around the room with your eys closed and your left hand held out from your body about waist height and feel with your open palm for the various energies that you will encounter. Look for the best feeling and choose that as your spot to meditate.
- White light the room
- Make sure that you will not be disturbed, switch off the phone etc.
- Sit in a comfortable position on your spot and relax as much as possible.
- At first do not attempt to meditate for longer than 15 minutes. Only increase this time when you feel really comfortable with this time and only increase the time by a few minutes at a time.
- At first it is a good idea to practice quietening the chatter in your mind by visualising a clear blue sky and at the same time thinking about your breathing. Try always to breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth.
- One of the meditations that you can do is to count to four as you breathe in and hold your breath for the count of four and then exhale for the count of four. Once you can do this change from counting to four to thinking in your mind "Divine power fills me".
- If other thoughts come into your mind just let them flow through you and away but as soon as you can, transfer you concentration back to your meditation. Eventually these interuptions will lessen.
- You may find that gentle acoustic music will help you.
- There are many guided meditation tapes that you can buy that you can use in order to experience someone else's idea of how you should meditate.
Some guided 3 minute meditations to enjoy - from Brahma Kumaris
If you would like to tell me about your own spiritual experiences then please send your emails to me here
If you would like to ask my advice about your spiritual growth or experiences then please send your emails to me here